The Governor Spotswood Award
The Ceremony will be held at the Marshall Center on June 16th starting at 6:30 p. m. Come celebrate with Governor Spotswood himself and enjoy some light refreshments after the presentation. This event is open to the public.
The nominee/recipient of the Governor Spotswood Award must be a resident of Spotsylvania County. The honorees will have contributed to the community of Spotsylvania, through words, actions and/or deeds. They will have through these actions, displayed integrity, courage, loyalty and brought honor to the county while maintaining personal discipline and etiquette.
- The nominee/recipient must be a resident of Spotsylvania County.
- Nominations may be posthumous for a former County resident
- Due to the nature of their service, elected officials are not eligible for consideration.
- County employees, members of commissions, committees, etc., are not eligible for services rendered as part of their jobs or committee responsibilities.
- The nominees shall not be limited to any field of endeavor or particular time period.
- A selection committee of 5 residents will select the honoree. The list of nominees will be compiled from nominations submitted by the public.
- Deadline for 2016 nomination submissions is May 11th at 4:30 pm