The Well at Mount Olive
A natural spring flows throughout the land surrounding and underneath Mount Olive Baptist Church and ends its journey many miles hence in Lake Anna. The church was established between 1866-1868 primarily by the Wigglesworth, Fox, and Cole families. To provide a method for the community to safely use the natural spring, a well was dug and a water pump was eventually installed on the church grounds.
Even today, the well has never run dry because the pump is primed regularly. For more than 100 years, the well at Mount Olive has provided the sole source of water in that region for families that do not have running water in their homes.